| SPEAKING AMERICAN News
Pleasures of a Book online. Click on the book cover
below to view a digital version of The Art of Public
Speaking for All Ages.
"The Art of Public Speaking for All Ages"
IS GOOD, Right?
Now we are using our BLOG for major updates.
Go to: www.speakingamericantalks.blogspot.com
for Calendar of Events, statewide Public Speaking
Contests and Application Forms.
Think of www.speakingamerican.org as
source of our history and growth up to
it as a snapshot of our Public Speaking Goals, Contest
Format and Judging Guidelines. Then go blogging
with Speaking American at our blogspot
The Latest News from SPEAKING AMERICAN
SPRING 2010 Talks
Speak Your Piece On Stage for 60 Seconds!
- Districts: Statewide
- Grade levels: Grades 3, 4, 5, or 6
- Topic Focus:
- Required Theme: An elementary school student has had the chance to interview US President Obama. (1) Choose someone you want to interview. (2) Tell why you selected this person and (3) what three questions do you want to ask? (Required for Grades 3 and 4)
- Contestant is free to choose a topic(Grades 5 and 6)
- Language: English
- Download the Application (PDF format) - Available online
- Applications must be postmarked by: February 2010.
Speaking English PLUS: Grades 7 and 8
This contest features 2 languages - English and a foreign language - in a 2-Minute Talk for Grades 7 and a 3-Minute Talk for Grade 8.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Students in grades 7 and 8 statewide.
Students can select a topic of their own for this English PLUS contest;
- 2010: English and Latin
- Option: English and CHINESE
- 2011: English and Spanish
- 2012: English and Chinese
- 2013: English and French
- 2014: English and Latin
Download the Speaking English PLUS Application (PDF format) - English and Latin;
Download the Speaking English PLUS Application (PDF format) - English and CHINESE;
WHY TRY SPEAKING ENGLISH PLUS?
*Students may want to build confidence while they are learning another language.
*There is the challenge of the speaking your thoughts before an unfamiliar audience.
*And then, of course, there are the prizes!
© 2003-09 SPEAKING AMERICAN, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, all rights reserved.